Best Small Electric Kettle
I travel a lot and is like to brew my tea while traveling. The best way to get delicious brew is with a small electric kettle that does not require much space and doesn't weigh heavily. But finding a small electric kettle for travel is much difficult.
Local stores carry very less variety and Amazon won’t provide a good filter to sort by size. Our team spends a lot of time finding a selection of best mini electric kettle for the easiness of our readers. You can save the time that you wasting by repeating the research.
An electric kettle is excellent to prepare brew within a couple of minutes, just you need to plug it in and start it up. Unlike stovetop kettle, a small electric kettle comes with lots of safety features that will prevent the kettle from overflowing. Due to loaded with modern features and offer convenience, these mini electric kettles are much popular among people.
Why Small Electric Kettles Are Popular?
Electric kettles are much popular because they save our time and provide convenience to prepare brew easily. Some other benefits of small electric kettles are:
- They are convenient: You just need to plug it in, and it starts preparing your favorite tea, or coffee. Auto-shutoff and temperature control like modern features give you the power to set the time on your small electric kettle.
- They are safe: When you using a traditional electric kettle, you have to watch them make sure that they do not boil the water over. On the other hand, mini electric kettle prevents the water to start boil over.
- Loaded with features: As per your requirements, you can choose the best small electric kettle at a decent price. They offer you many new features that help to make your favorite drink more delicious.
- They are easy to afford: You can find a lot of options and quality of small kettle at the affordable price tag. This makes such kettles a wonderful gift for any tea or coffee lover.
How to Choose Right Small Electric Kettle?
There are lots of small kettles available in the market that might confuse you. Here are some points that you need to know to buy best small electric kettle:
- Check the heating power and time: As we all know the electric kettle’s primary function is to boil water quickly and efficiently. Check the description to ensure the boiling time of kettle. Consider the wattage of an electric kettle because higher wattage provides faster heating time. The best watt range for a fast heating electric kettle is between 1000-1500 watts. Most of the small electric kettle comes under this watt range, but make sure by reading the description.
- Check the capacity of the kettle: Electric kettle can hold more water as compared to traditional stovetop kettles. Such kettle heats the water much faster than an older kettle. There is a variety of water capacity of the electric kettle from 1 liter to 1.7 liters, so it is not hard to find out the right storage amount. The larger the water storage capacity, the more you can brew without any need to refill the kettle.
- Check out the design: There are many types of small electric kettles available in the market. You can find cordless mini electric kettle which allows you to move the kettle freely around. You can also buy a small electric kettle with swivel rotating base for easy twist and turn the kettle. For more durability, you can choose stainless steel small electric kettle. Stainless steel kettles are easy to clean and can prevent smells from building inside the kettle.
- Check the safety and utility features: The main reasons for the success of electric kettle are due to their safety features. Most of the small electric kettles are come with an auto-shutdown feature to ensure the water does not over boil. Cool handles also a good safety feature that safe you from accidental burning yourself while using it. Most of the small electric kettle using high-quality plastic stops heating the handle while you are pouring brews.
- Check affordability: Some best small electric kettle comes over £ 500, but if you do not have that much budget, you can find some good electric kettle with a lot of features at a low price tag. You can find some small kettle that ranges between £100-£150 price and works just like an expensive electric kettle. Check out our suggestion of a small electric kettle that is best in quality and features but comes under your budget.
How We Tested Small Kettles?
We give score to our selection of small electric kettle on the following criteria:
- Good Looks: Mini electric kettles are live on worktops and kitchen shelf-top, so you need to buy a beautiful electric kettle that matches your style and décor.
- Quality: Electric kettles must come with well-fitted lids, quality build switches, and durable filters. Our team closely monitors and pick the kettle models that fall under these parameters.
- Speed: While speed is not a decision making factor when choosing a small electric kettle, but we think- the quicker, the better. Our team pour four cups of water in each kettle and measure the boiling time by using a stopwatch.
- Easy to use: There is no sense of using a beautiful small kettle if it is not convenient to use. We choose the electric kettle that was simple to use, easy to fill and pour, having a good grip, and easy to read the water levels.
- Value: Our team always tries to find out the best-discounted deals from Amazon on small electric kettles. Our priority is to pick the best quality kettle, loaded with features, and available at affordable prices.
How to Clean Small Electric Kettle?
If you want to durability from your small electric kettle, you just need to know how to clean a kettle? How to get rid of limescale? We recommend you to use vinegar, which is easy to available and it works as a light acid that breaks down the limescale and other deposit of your kettle.
Add half a cup of vinegar to your kettle tank filled with water and leave it overnight. It removes the chalky deposits and cleans the inside surface of your kettle. Try to do this every day to avoid heavy deposits build-up which becomes hard to remove.